Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Never Be Mine...Where?

From: cbnews!nrc@att.att.com
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 89 15:23 EST
Subject: Never Be Mine...Where?

I think "Never Be Mine" is one of the outstanding songs on "The
Sensual World" (I think there are about 11 -- and you may think
what you like :-)).

This song takes a wonderful idea and expresses it beautifully.  For
me this song conjurs up a lot of imagery...specifically the "setting
fire to the cornfields" verse.  Any ideas on what this might be
referring to?  To me it conjures up images of the American Civil War
but perhaps there is a more obvious reference that I'm not aware of.
Maybe something closer to home (for Kate anyway).

"Don't drive too slowly."                 Richard Caldwell
                                          AT&T Network Systems
                                          nrc@cbnews
                                          att!cbnews!nrc
                                          (614) 860-2206