Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Youth

From: jsd@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (Jon Drukman)
Date: 6 Dec 89 17:17:03 GMT
Subject: Re: Youth
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: daemon@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU

In article <8912060321.AA18713@ucscc.UCSC.EDU> stewarte@ucscc.UCSC.EDU (breakfast surrealist) writes:
>Love-hounds
>might be interested in the instrumental album that Youth recorded with
>Ben Watkins (of Everything But the Girl) a few years ago; it appeared
>under their two names, I don't recall the album title (but there aren't
>that many records in the Y section of your local used record stores,
>are there?)

Don't look in the "Y" bin... the band is called "MT QUARTER" and by an
amazing coincidence I just happened to pick up a compilation CD last
night ("Funky ALternatives Four") which has a track by these two on
it.  The track is called "Lovers," is supposedly unavailable
elsewhere, and is really good.  Very electronic body music-ish.  My
favorite style!

|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu |      "Suck on this,                     |
| \|on |/rukman | jsd@umass.bitnet  |       planet of noise bimbo!"           |