Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

forgive and forget? ha! never.

From: Jon Drukman <jsd@GAFFA.MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 89 12:52:17 EST
Subject: forgive and forget? ha! never.

IN the interest of sparing the philocanine community at large, I have
decided to ignore IED henceforth.  His news and information are, of
course, always appreciated, but in the area of KaTian scholarship, I'm
afraid he just doesn't cut the mustard.  Several of my friends have
been able to provide me with solid reasons why "I'm Still Waiting"
sucks doggie dirt (to their minds at least), but IED has just waffled
on, full of sound and fury, signifying much less than nothing.

Meanwhile, let's just take a quick look at the December 15, 1989
issue of Rockpool, the College Music magazine.  On the back cover
we find that Kate Bush's fine album "The Sensual World" is number
one on the retail chart, last week's position was also #1, and
the weeks on chart is 4.

Elsewhere:

Top 10 In Store Play, #2.
Power Radio Chart, #1 (last chart #1, weeks on chart - 4)
College Radio Chart, #4 (last chart #2, 4 weeks on chart)

IN the regionals, she is #1 or #2 on six of the charts.

Basically, she's doing about as well as XTC did with "Oranges and
Lemons." I guess we could project approximate sales of 300,000 copies
stateside from this.  Sound good?

Now, has anybody else out there got the This Woman's Work single yet?
Wanna discuss it intelligently?

|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu |      "Suck on this,                     |
| \|on |/rukman | jsd@umass.bitnet  |       planet of noise bimbo!"           |