Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate-echism XXIX.12.ii

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Date: 5 Dec 89 04:07:27 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate-echism XXIX.12.ii
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@lll-winken.LLNL.GOV

In article <1989Dec4.173150.19936@aqdata.uucp> sullivan@aqdata.UUCP ("Michael T. Sullivan") writes:

> Well, when the video world-premiered on MTV's "Now Hear This" there was no
> laugh and I think we can safely assume that at least this one time the
> entire video would have been shown.

Wrong.  For the first showing of "Now Hear This", they cut off the "Yeah!"
at the end.  I think they recognized their error, because they didn't
repeat it for the second showing of that show.  But my point is that MTV
is far from infallible.

Ed (Edward Suranyi)        | Caption:  "Kate Bush goes from cult fave to
Dept. of Applied Science   |        chart rave."  -- _Billboard_
UC Davis/Livermore         |   (In "Was It A Hit Or A Miss" in the 1985
ed@das.llnl.gov            |          year-end special issue.)