Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: a philocanine prayer

From: Peter Glen Berger <pb1p+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 89 12:27:12 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: a philocanine prayer

A paraphrase of IED's pedantic writing:

> ...failed utterly...blah, blah, blah, IED is not surprised, blah....
> quite plain...Furthermore, blah blah blah...perfectly apparent...
> nuance...blah blah...patently absurd...blah blah...subtle but
> nonetheless very blah changes....undeniably...saddens...feeblest
> ...Drukman's recent screeds [what the f**k's a screed?]...heavily
> laden...appaling propensity for blah blah blah...grim morass...
> tawdry subconnoiseurship blah...let us pray...grace...fickle...
>
>-- Andrew Marvick, an unsympathetic, sometimes even unsavory, but
>   always _true_ Kate Bush fan

You mean an always _true_ pretentious, laughable writer.  That posting
was one of the most revolting pieces of religious fanatacism it has
ever been my misfortune to read.

Perhaps the difference in the new mix is only "quite plain" and
"perfectly apparent" to those who have been indulging too deeply in
hallucinogenic drugs coupled with a healthy dose of mental
masturbation.

Pete Berger		       ||  ARPA:     Pete.Berger@andrew.cmu.edu
Professional Student	       ||  BITNET:   R746PB1P@CMCCVB
Carnegie-Mellon University     ||	     NEXUS@DRYCAS
Do not attend this college.    ||  UUCP: ...!harvard!andrew.cmu.edu!pb1p
"If only I could/make a deal with god/and get him to swap our places..."