Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Laugh

From: tracyr@uunet.uu.net (jane smallberries)
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 89 10:29:23 PST
Subject: Re: The Laugh
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sco.COM

In article <8912011857.AA14416@GAFFA.MIT.EDU> Jon Drukman writes:

>  [...denials of jon being dan quayle deleted...]
>
>The laugh is
>the perfect introduction to "The Fog." A giggle at a half-remembered
>childhood foible, like being scared of the water.  A piquant chuckle
>of bemusement over the naivete of youth.

geez, i never thought i'd get into this, but...

i can't say The Laugh sounds that way to me, jon.  it's too
full, too Knowing.  like the amusement stems from experience and
mileage in love and life, not a sentimental chuckle.   i think
your argument about the laugh being missing from the l&a video
and cd single is more convincing.

my two cents,
-tracy
uunet!sco!tracyr,
tracyr@sco.com
--
"What happens to the soul after death?  How does it manage?"

					          -- Woody Allen