Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: MisK.

From: Jon Drukman <jsd@GAFFA.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 89 20:27:30 EST
Subject: Re: MisK.

>Really-From: Peter Glen Berger <pb1p+@andrew.cmu.edu>

>Oh, and IED:  when you write about others being patronizing, remember
>the old phrase: "Physician, heal thyself".  Your prose style is
>disgustingly condescending.  At least Jon isn't pretentious.

Peter, I salute you.  However, I am very pretentious, in the strict
dictionary sense of the word ("1. Claiming or demanding distinction or
merit. 2. Making an extravagant outward show; ostentatious") The key
difference between myself and IED is that I have a sense of humor.
Also, I embrace my pretension and celebrate it.

But I still appreciate your remarks, of course.

>Praise without criticism is useless.

Well, at last someone has hit the nail on the head.  Thank you for
summing up my attitude in five neat words.  I've been trying to get
this across for years now, but all my verbiage has been outdone by
this simple statement.  These are words to live by, folks.

Now, since I've gone on record telling you what I like and dislike
about the Love And Anger video, perhaps some of you blind fanatics can
itemize exactly why _you_ think it's so damn good?

|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | "To serve God, you gotta be stupid and  |
| \|on |/rukman | jsd@umass.bitnet  |  freakish and poor."  -- ??             |