Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: usenet@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 89 13:43:21 PST

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: laughs and track boundaries
Date: 11 Nov 89 21:43:20 GMT
Sender: usenet@lll-winken.LLNL.GOV

In article <8911101822.AA02158@GAFFA.MIT.EDU> gatech.edu!mit-eddie!gaffa!jsd@cs.utexas.edu (Jon Drukman) writes:
>In article <8911101621.AA19526@kovic.IRO.UMontreal.CA> justin@iro.umontreal.ca (Justin Bur) writes:
>>on the UK CD, the beginning of NotS
>>is at 4:07 in The Dreaming's track. NotS's track begins at the
>>point Kate starts singing. (Sorry if I have already complained
>>about this.)
>
>are you saying that the UK CD of TD (wow - initials are FUN) starts
>Night Of The Swallow at the _right_ spot?  (I would make it 4:08 by my
>US disc rather than 4:07 but who cares...) This is news to me!  Now
>I'm really really PISSED!  Because this stupid idiotic EMI America
>disc that I have starts Night Of The Swallow right in the middle of
>the last big Irish instrument buildup before the first verse.

You should read Justin's posting again, Jon, because I think you have
COMPLETELY misunderstood it.  I believe he is saying that the song
NotS starts at 4:07 in "The Dreaming"  -- but the track doesn't change
until "the point Kate starts singing."  In other words, the big Irish
instrument buildup before the first verse occurs in "The Dreaming"'s
track, and not in NotS's track.

As far as I can tell, this is identical to the situation on the American
CD.  If the British CD was really set up right, as you thought, Jon, why
would Julian complain about this?

Ed (Edward Suranyi)        | "Singer/songwriter Kate Bush:  The one singer
Dept. of Applied Science   |  on two continents who most deserves a wider
UC Davis/Livermore         |      audience"    -- _Saturday Review_
ed@das.llnl.gov            | (in special "Underrated/Overrated" issue)