Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

We have decided to put you out of your misery regarding the
"Watching You Without Me" competition.  Many attempts were
getting further and further away from the answer; things like
"Don't need much, don't need money, believe life goes on and
on" and "Don't seek far don't seek for me, let me learn widowly
love."  Others made us think some of you were on another
planet; "Don't somnie morn somnie mornings then mean life
goes on and on" and "Don't run on those Blarney mats, in own
keen-ness slumps keen-ness."  There were quite a few who
thought the word dawn was in there somewhere "Don't be sad
don't be lonely, let me see the coming dawn" and "Don't need
more dawn each morning, help me that was long enough."  In
the last few months we've received many suggestions which
have trhe first 8 words right:--"Don't ignore don't ignore me let
me in"...  But nobody got the last 4 words right--the
suggestions included ,"I'm the dawning of"/"on the dawning
hour"/"at the dawning hour"/"I must only knock"/"I was
holding on."  But the correct answer is ... DON'T IGNORE
DON'T IGNORE ME, LET ME IN AND DON'T BE LONG.

Jon Drukman writes:

> First, Joe's reading of the (forwards!) words "Don't ignore me..." is
> almost certainly correct.  I don't even have to go back to _the_Ninth_Wave_
> to be convinced that they fit.  It even seems _obvious_ in retrospect.
> (I'll eat all the above words if I pop the CD in this afternoon and I'm
> wrong (and if anyone sends me a hard copy!).  I'll eat them forwards
> _and_ backwards.)

:-)

Jim

--
James Smith          | When a man fell into his anecdotage
Computing Centre     | it was a sign for him to retire from