Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: new FOETUS

From: hplabs!cag@hpfcso.hp.com (Craig Gleason)
Date: 8 Nov 89 19:44:29 GMT
Subject: Re: new FOETUS
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>Well while bopping around NYC this weekend I saw the new Foetus live disc
>_Rife_ - although roumored as a double album set it was a single cd containing
>mostly material from his last disc 'Thaw' - interestingly enough I also saw
>a copy of ,Hole, that didn't look right - when I got home I compared it to
>my copy (cd) - my copy has a red cover and this copy had a white/grey cover
>- I remember that my copy lists extra tracks that are not actually on the
>disc - anyone know the story behind this 'grey' disc - is a re-pressing
>of ,Hole, with the extra tracks or what??
>
>will          decwrl!islnds.dec.com!robinson

Some Bushwhacker tipped me off that somebody was talking about Foetus on
this group, so here I am...

Actually, "Rife" is fairly old now.  It's been out for seven or eight months,
I think.  There is supposed to be a new studio album under the name Foetus,
Inc.  out soon, but the owner of Wax Trax in Denver didn't know about it
yesterday and he does well at getting the imports in quickly.  The name
is allegedly "Sink," and it's rumored to be a double album.  Some of this
information comes second hand from people who've spoken to Thirlwell recently.

I believe that the version of "Hole" that you saw is the import version.
The domestic one has the red cover (grey on the back).  The import is mostly
white.  It doesn't come with the EP of Wash it all Off/Halo Flamin'
Lead/etc... and as far as I know is otherwise exactly the same as the
domestic LP.  Since you have the CD, you may not know that the domestic
"Hole" includes the EP, but doesn't list the extra songs on the jacket.
It's certainly worth having, though all of the extra songs come from two
earlier singles which are still in print as imports (Wash/Slog and Finely
Honed Machine).

Craig