Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: MTV & TSW Poster

From: genrad!rbt@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Robert B. Tufts)
Date: 6 Nov 89 15:29:41 GMT
Subject: Re: MTV & TSW Poster
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

TSW Video info:

While reviewing a tape of MTV's 120 minutes from Sunday nite (11/5), the
host (at the end of the show) rattled off a bunch of new videos for next
weeks show & Kate was mentioned. So set your vcr's for Sun, 11/12 from
(I believe) midnite till 2 am Monday morning (eastern). It should get caught
somewhere in that time frame. (check your local guide to be sure about times)

The TSW Poster:

I feel compelled to ask if anyone else who has one of these feels that Kate's
hands are somewhat less than "sensual". Maybe it's the extreme amount of
"blowup", but it first appeared to me that the lower hand might have been
masculine. On the upper hand, the photoghaphy makes it appear that either her
hand is superimposed (jaggedly cut) or she has a problem with her baby finger.
We all know she plays the piano, but if it was known that this would be the
"sensual" poster, some glue-on nails would of worked wonders to complete this
theme.

I have no problem from the elbows up, however :-)

BTW, I was pleasantly surprised how quick the poster got to me from
"Dirt Cheap" (just 2 days). I was a little upset that the mailman decided to
lean the tube up against the tree that my mailbox is nailed to, rather than put
it on my porch or leave a pickup note (both have been done with previous large
packages). Besides advertising "steal me", it started to rain as I picked it
up. (The tube does seem to offer decent protection, however) Perhaps Dirt Cheap
could offer UPS shipment for others with similar concerns.

-Bob T.