Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Big British promo posters

From: "Ian Webber." <ian@TCOM.STC.CO.UK>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 89 13:00:15 GMT
Subject: Re: Big British promo posters
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <8911022254.AA24627@GAFFA.MIT.EDU> you write:

>> Does anyone know where I can buy this in England, or more specifically,
>> London? I've tried all the poster-selling shops that I know (HMV, Athena,
>> Tower, other small shops), and they ALL have posters of Bros and Kylie
>> (ack, gag, barf), but NONE of them have any of KaTe AT ALL!!

> It's probably actually much easier to buy these British promo posters
> in the U.S.  In order for these posters to be on sale, it means that
> someone probably had to swipe them from the record company.  Selling
> them in England may be a bit too obvious.  What better way is there to
> distance yourself from the illegalities of the matter than to ship
> them across the water.

> |>oug

If you want posters, just pop along to your nearest record shop and
ask them for some. They are only too glad to give you them as they
only get thrown out.

Tomorrow I'm going to my local OUR PRICE shop to collect a window full
of KATE BUSH posters :-)

So all you've got to do is ask!!!

And the best thing about it, they don't cost a penny!

Ian.