Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

*** KATE ON US MTV 11/2/89!!!! ***

From: mifflin@ihuxy.att.com (Arthur W Mifflin)
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 89 17:24:18 EST
Subject: *** KATE ON US MTV 11/2/89!!!! ***
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Hello to all fans of Kate!

Well here is my first posting to Love Hounds.  I've been a silent reader
since '83 ( and |>oug was extolling the virtues of KT in rec.music.misc).
Now so many others also carry the torch, too!

Kate IS GOD and GODDESS.  Her word passes to the masses.

Anyway,

IT'S HERE!!! YEA!!!

Last night, on Post Modern MTV, the FIRST video was the new one for
"Love And Anger".  I just got a tape in the VCR (barely!) in time to get it.

It starts off with a swirling of skirts and then to a close up of Kate kneeling
as if to pray.  It reminds me of a cross between RUTH (dance version), Big Sky,
Sat In Your Lap, and Hounds Of Love videos.  I have not figured out why there
are ballerinas in this video (KT answer to Robert Palmer?! :-), but it also has
David Gilmour and a band playing behind KT.  Paddy is there, John Giblin (I
guess) on bass, and an unknown male keyboards player.

It seems as though the audio was the same mix as the album.  I will sync the
two up tonight to verify this!  I was only able to get it in mono (MTV only
gets FM stereo and my tuner was destroyed at a party last weekend).

I will try to post more on this later. Have a nice weekend and may the grace,
power and the glory that is KATE be with you all now and forever!

Arthur Mifflin (mifflin@ihuxy.att.com)