Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Roches' Speak

From: kurtzman%pollux.usc.edu@usc.edu (Stephen Kurtzman)
Date: 3 Nov 89 20:45:41 GMT
Subject: The Roches' Speak
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa, rec.music.misc, rec.music.cd
Sender: news@usc.edu

The Roches' new album should be in your record stores. The name of the
album is "Speak", after the title song. The label is Paradox Records,
a division of MCA. I didn't look at the record, but the cd contains 14
songs. If you have heard the Roches in concert in the past year, then
you may have heard most of these songs.

It's a little too soon to give a review. But, I'm favorably impressed
by all of the tracks except for "Big Nuthin'". I've heard this one
before in concert twice and on Sunday Night. I love the song, but the
album version seems a tad slower than these live performances. This
makes the song seem to have a little less spark. The rest of the
tracks don't suffer from this minor complaint.

It's great to have a new Roches album!

-----
Stephen Kurtzman             | "where desire writhed there stands a stone"
kurtzman@pollux.usc.edu      | "the change was sudden and complete"