Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: _Tempt_ed again

From: gatech.edu!mit-eddie!gaffa.mit.edu!jsd@cs.utexas.edu (Jon Drukman)
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 89 14:51:02 GMT
Subject: Re: _Tempt_ed again
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>deb> Hello there fellow Love-Hounds--
>deb>   Forgive me for gloating, but just had to rub in the fact that I have
>deb> now seen _The Last Temptation of Christ_ not once but TWICE now.

I feel I should mention that Cinemax was scheduled to show this film
last month.  All the times they were going to show it were very late
at night, except for one, at 9 PM.  So, I invited a bunch of friends
over to watch it and a blue notice came up saying that due to a
scheduling error or something, it had been moved to 11 PM.  Does
anyone smell the distinctive odor of a letter-writing campaign behind
this so-called "scheduling error"?  I had to send all my friends home
and videotape it later.

|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | "I like George Bush, but this `kinder,  |
| \|on |/rukman | jsd@umass.bitnet  | gentler' crap is killing us." - D.Trump |