Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

_Tempt_ed again

From: JONES%RPIECS.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 89 08:26:02 EST
Subject: _Tempt_ed again

Hello there fellow Love-Hounds--
  Forgive me for gloating, but just had to rub in the fact that I have
now seen _The Last Temptation of Christ_ not once but TWICE now.  RPI
was fortunate enough to get the film here and show it without the
Rensselaer Christian Society burning the film or calling us film-goers
heathens.  :)  At any rate, a friend of mine accompanied me this time
around, and he thought the film was really good.  I have also encouraged
others to see the film.  And yes, it was just as moving and powerful the
second time around as it was the first.
  I have also heard rumors flying around that the film IS still available
at some record stores (it was spotted for rental at a local Strawberries),
and I've seen Nikos K's book in WaldenBooks around the Albany area.  For
those of you who want to look for it, I believe the spine and outer border of
the book's front cover is white; the illustration on the front has a bright red
background, with a thick tangle of black thorns spread over it.  But by
all means, if you can find the video anywhere, get it and check it out.  Or,
if you want to fly out to Troy, NY, real quick, RPI has two more showings
tonight at 7 and 10.... :)

                                 As always, all the best....
                                          Deb Wentorf