Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

MisK. (mailbag)

From: radlein!ray@uunet.UU.NET (Ray Radlein)
Date: Wed Nov 01 00:39:08 1989
Subject: MisK. (mailbag)

In a message of <30 Oct 89 19:04:00 GMT>, Andrew Marvick writes:

> IED agrees with |>oug that Kate does seem to have been quite deceitful in
> her recent interviews.

About the "B-Side" thing that |>oug mentioned: Could she have been
referring to "Passing Through Air," perhaps? Wasn't it recorded at David
Gilmour's house?

>      Someone asked what "Novercia" might mean. IED does not know. Could
> it be a contraction of "Nova veritas" (new truth) or something? This
> sounds very flimsy to IED.

If you think *that* sounds flimsy, how about *this*: "Novercia" is an
anagram of "Veronica." Not being as familiar as some with the Bush family
history, I could not begin to hazard a guess whether this could be the name
of some grandmother, aunt, childhood friend, pet cat, or whatnot. Perhaps
she was making reference to Archie and Jughead's friend (Veronica was the
rich one, right?). :-)

>      Someone asked where the "KT" sign is hidden in _The_Whole_Story_ and
> _The_Sensual_World_.

That was me....

> You'll need the original vinyl UK edition of _TWS_ to find that one: it's
> located only on the run-out groove of the record itself -- not in the cover
> artwork.

Aha! Well, this ties in with my question about runout groove messages,
doesn't it?

> As for the new album, IED believes it is found in the (apparently)
> natural formation of the flower's petals, more or less upside down, in
> the center of the flower. IED will not swear to this, however, as other
> fans have already shown him two other possible "natural" KT formations in
> the flower.

I've pretty much given up on the flower; Angie thinks she's spotted a "KT"
in the shadow's above the right eye of the cover photo (Kate's *left* eye,
that is), near her hairline. On even-numbered days, I see it, too.

>      By contrast, here is Vickie Mapes's latest play-list for _her_ radio
> program, "Suspended in Gaffa", which can be heard from 10 p.m. to
> midnight (or later, sometimes), on Kansas City's KKFI, 90.1 FM. The
> following was her Halloween show (which explains the common theme of the
> songs):

[deletions galore....]

>  The Shaggs                        "It's Halloween"
   ^^^^^^^^^^
Now *there's* a band that I *never* thought I'd see mentioned in
rec.music.gaffa! Scarier, in their own (hopefully) inimitable fashion, than
Siouxsie and the Banshees, er, put together....

                                            -Ray R.

  UUCP:{uunet!ncrlnk, gatech!hubcap}!ncrcae!secola!smoak!avcom!radlein!ray
  FIDO:1:376/14.96, 12.3; UUCP #2: [sdcsvax nosc]!crash!pro-carolina!rayr;
  ARPA:crash!pro-carolina!rayr@nosc.mil; or INET:rayr@pro-carolina.cts.com

  "It's not the bullet that kills you -- it's the hole" -- Laurie Anderson

            DISCLAIMER: "We Only Know in Theory What We Are Doing"