Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Random Music and Stuff ...

From: gatech.edu!mit-eddie!eddie.mit.edu!henrik@cs.utexas.edu (Larry DeLuca)
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 89 05:51:32 GMT
Subject: Re: Random Music and Stuff ...
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Yes, College Radio Stations are not required to report.  The station in
question is a regular radio station, though they are set up as non-profit,
and may be able to avoid submitting logs as well.

BMI are not the bad guys, though.  They're the people who see that
Ms. B. gets all the money rightly coming to her due to airplay of
her music.  It's just the most likely way that EMI could get wind of
this whole mess...

[Yes, I do believe that this will probably all blow over without any
 further incident than my passing comment on it and associated
 replies.  However, the general rule when doing something of questionable
 legality that I was taught was to maintain a low profile.  Playing
 it on the radio seems somehow in violation of this.]

					larry...