Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

???

From: Pete Hartman <bucc2!pwh@bradley.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 89 23:34:16 -0600
Subject: ???

are my messages getting through?  I thought I'd sent in one or two
submissions in the last couple weeks, and I haven't seen them in
any of my digests.  The UofI computers must be eating either my postings
or my digests....

the German at the end of the songon Hounds of Love is "Tiefer, Tiefer,
irgendwo in der Tiefe gibt es ein Licht", which translates to "Deeper,
deeper, somewhere in the deep there is [gives it] a light."

speaking of the "KT" symbol, I've been completely unable to find
it on _Never For Ever_.  Any hints?

If my previous submissions didn't make it, suffice to say my original
reaction to the new album was pretty tame, but I've grown to love
it since (though not as much as HoL).  A funny thing happened a couple
days ago--I was headed home in my car through the unseasonably warm
weather here in the midwest, and I pulled up at a stop light with
my windows down and _The Sensual World_ blasting on the stereo.
I was listening to "Rocket's Tail", and that first part with only
Kate's vocals and the Trio B. must have sounded pretty weird to the
guy next to me--he kept looking over like I was a martian of some
sort.

I was really hoping that the guitar part would kick in before he
took off, but he was in the turn lane and left a good 30 seconds
too soon....I would have liked to have seen his face at hearing Gilmour's
guitar kick in in the middle of those "weird" vocals.....

(Peoria is a bastion of classic rock, and I figure he probably would
have recognized the style....)
				...uiucdcs\
	Pete Hartman		......noao >!bradley!bucc2!pwh
				......cepu/

		INTERNET: bradley!bucc2!pwh@a.cs.uiuc.edu
		ARPA: cepu!bradley!bucc2!pwh@seas.ucla.edu
		IF ALL ELSE FAILS: bradley!bucc2!pwh@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu

She said, 'My work is like eating cold oatmeal,
Yesterday's oatmeal, day after day.'

-Poi Dog Pondering