Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

amherst top 10

From: Jon Drukman <jsd@GAFFA.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 89 13:17:10 EST
Subject: amherst top 10

Due entirely to my incredible influence on the puny minds of the music
aficionados here in The Happy Valley, Kate Bush, that wacky songstress
who we all love and revere so so much has made it onto the Valley
Advocate's Top 10 Hit List (this is in terms of local sales, not radio
play).  She is at number 10 this week, but it's her first week and I
firmly expect to see her make it to the top five.  The Valley Advocate
is a local arts/living paper which is distributed free all over the
area.  We call it The Barely Adequate.

"Rocket's Tail" was played on the shamelessly great radio show "Non
Sequitur Theatre" (WMUA 91.1 FM, Mondays 7-9:30 PM) which is run by a
good friend of mine, so I feel I have to plug it ruthlessly.  Also, he
played a song or two of my own once or twice...

The tidal wave of KTMania is slowly seizing America.  You're gonna be
seeing huge oversize white shirts with black lettering proclaiming "KT
SAY: STEP OUT" or "KT SAY: GET SENSUAL" before long.  Mark my words.
This could be bigger than Madonna.  Kate might even get her own...
LUNCHBOX!!!

|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | "I like George Bush, but this `kinder,  |
| \|on |/rukman | jsd@umass.bitnet  | gentler' crap is killing us." - D.Trump |