Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

more ramblings about KT

From: depeche@calvin.cs.mcgill.ca (S. Alan Ezust)
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 89 06:18:31 EDT
Subject: more ramblings about KT

First of all, who is Paddy Bush? Her mother? Sister? She does some backing
vocals in some of the SW songs.
Secondly, is Dave Gilmour, Guitarist on her album, the same as from Pink
Floyd?

Anyway, KT keeps amazing me. I listen to new songs by her and the first time
I hear it, I hate each one. Second time, it sounds okay but a little boring.
After the 4th time, something suddenly hits me, similar to how I'd feel if
a piano had been dropped on me from 20 floors above, and sure enough,
I can't stop listening to it.

It is just amazing. Even with the previous knowledge that I hated the first
five albums first times I heard them, I still thought, for a brief moment,
that Sensual World SUCKED. I'll never doubt her again.

Some of these cuts are just incredible. I especially like Walk Straight Down
The Middle...

But it is definitely not the same Kate I know and love. Typically, when I
listen to stuff off her first five albums, I am in a certain "listen to
kate bush mood". When I am listening to Sensual World, I am in a totally
different mood. The instrumentation of some of these songs does the same
things to my mind as say, Dead Can Dance. The words, on the other hand,
sometimes are very unpleasant to listen to (not the voice mind you - the
actual words, if you listen to the meaning...) Especially "Between A Man
and A Woman". I like music with social commentary - really. But when a song
is singing explicitly about "social issues" it sometimes is hard to take.
I like it when a song tells a story which reveals something deep, dark and
hidden within society implicitly... I think that is my only complaint about
this album though.

--
 S. Alan Ezust aka "Depeche Modem"       depeche@calvin.cs.mcgill.ca
 McGill University Computer Science      Disclaimer: I claim everything!