Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

ok so how about sinead occonnor

From: depeche@calvin.cs.mcgill.ca (S. Alan Ezust)
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 89 06:26:34 EDT
Subject: ok so how about sinead occonnor

not. We also talk about Laurie Anderson and Sinead Occonnor and Enya and ...".

ok so lets talk about her....

What is she doing with her life now? Kingdom of Rain by The The is a
masterpiece and sometimes my eyes get watery as she goes into "I just wanted
somebody to caress - this damsel in distress...."
Is she working on another solo album? Or has she joined a group?
Actually, I don't know anything about her career except the Lion And The
Cobra... Was that her first musical release?

Also, for anyone who is interested in Sarah McLachlan, she signed a 14
record contract with Nettwerk Records (Capitol/EMI, etc) so we should be
seeing quite a bit of more material from her over the next century.....
Anyone know what she is doing now?

Also, The The's tour is a little screwed up.. Last week, one of Matt Johnson's
close relatives died after a couple
weeks in the hospital, so all concerts which he would have done during this
period are tacked on the end of his tour (sometime in February) including his
visit to Montreal (whic should have been last night and tonight). Has anyone
seen The The in concert yet? Does he sing Kingdom of Rain or
Slow Train to Dawn? Who is the girl who sings with him?

--
 S. Alan Ezust aka "Depeche Modem"       depeche@calvin.cs.mcgill.ca
 McGill University Computer Science      Disclaimer: I claim everything!