Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: A Ridiculous Collection of Images?

From: abvax!las@uunet.UU.NET (Lorie A Stull)
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 89 17:03:12 EDT
Subject: Re: A Ridiculous Collection of Images?
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I have a question about some lyrics on Hounds of Love...In "Hello Earth",
there is apparently some German near the end of the cut.  To me, it sounds like:

"Tiefer, tiefer, lagen vorne tiefer,
Gibt es all licht."

I'm pretty sure about the "tiefer", which means "deeper".  And "Gibt es all
licht" means something like "light is everywhere".  This makes perfect sense
in the context too.  But the "lagen vorne" is just a guess with a couple of
words that sound like what she's saying.  Any German experts out there?

Ed Lieser (using a borrowed account!)