Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Male vs. Female

From: gatech.edu!mit-eddie!eddie.mit.edu!henrik@cs.utexas.edu (Larry DeLuca)
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 89 04:07:52 GMT
Subject: Re: Male vs. Female
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Well, I guess I'm in touch with my feminine side (or someone's feminine
side) 'cos I love the new album - maybe it's only straight men who
are afraid to touch their feminine side who have problems with it...

Anyway, enough about the Divine Miss B and onto the Divine Miss A!
_Strange Angels_ is quite a break for Laurie Anderson from what she's
done previously.  If you wanted _The Sensual World_ to sound more liek
_The Dreaming_, you should (blasphemy, yes, but still, to make a point...)
return your copy of _The Sensual World_ and exchange it for _Strange
Angels_ (or just paste your favourite picture of you-know-who over
Laurie Anderson - oh, but don't do that, the cover is fabulous...).

God, what a year!!!  First Jefferson Airplane, then Kate Bush, then
Rickie Lee Jones, now Laurie Anderson!  1989 is certainly becoming
a year to remember!

					larry...