Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: "December..." (Was: Re: TSW vs, her other albums)

From: halley!steve@cs.utexas.edu (Steve Williams)
Date: 26 Oct 89 14:34:25 GMT
Subject: Re: "December..." (Was: Re: TSW vs, her other albums)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article a recent article, radlein!ray@uunet.UU.NET (Ray Radlein)
asks about the single of "December...":

>Incidentally, would anyone know how much a near-mint condition (played
>perhaps three times at most, on good turntables) copy of that single,
>picture sleeve and all, might be worth? Mind you, I have no intention
>whatsoever of selling mine or anything, but I *am* curious.

I don't claim that this answer is authoritative, but at this past
weekend's Austin Record Convention, one dealer had two "first British
pressing" copies of that single, with sleeve, for $20.  The supposed
proof that it was the original pressing was the hand-enscribed message
in the inner runout (something clever like "Happy Christmas").  I saw
other copies w/o the enscription for around $8-14.

Steve Williams               ...!cs.utexas.edu!halley!steve
Tandem Computers