Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

More details on the "Love And Anger" promo CD

From: Lazlo Nibble <lazlo@ariel.unm.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 89 20:20:43 -0600
Subject: More details on the "Love And Anger" promo CD

Deb Wentorf mentioned finding a copy of this, but didn't provide
details.  This is a *gorgeous* and very collectable item (probably no
more rare than most CD promo singles, but it's probably the
nicest-*looking* of any I've ever seen).

The package itself is a squarebound cardboard gatefold sleeve wrapped
around a black plastic spindle-type CD holder, much like the "Intro To
The Motown 9000 Series" disc and early pressings of Mannheim
Steamroller's _Christmas_.  The cover photo is the same as on the
album, but expanded and cropped just above the flower so all you get is
Kate and those wonderful wolf-eyes.  The title, "LOVE AND ANGER - KATE
BUSH" is pressed in across the top in gloss copper ink, which makes it
*much* more readable than the title on the CD package.  On the back, in
copper-on-black but not pressed in, is "WRITTEN AND PRODUCED BY KATE"
and nothing else.  Very elegant design.

On the left-hand side of the inner gatefold the lyrics and performance
credits are printed in white, very readable.  But the disc itself is
another surprise . . . no writing save the catalog number (CSK1859) and
the copyright notices in small red print at the bottom.  The rest of
the label surface is taken up by an enlarged black-and-white print of
the rose from the cover of the album.

The actual programming is just the standard album mix of the song, but
boy do they make up for it with the box it comes in!  Easily the nicest
Kate goodie I own.  Got a weird look buying it at the same time as a
couple of Tackhead and PWEI 12"s, too . . . :-)

                                                   Lazlo (lazlo@ariel.unm.edu)
"You're my orchestra of . . . one."  -- Act