Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Sensual World bitmap

From: usenet@PARIS.ICS.UCI.EDU
Date: 25 Oct 89 05:45:48 GMT
Subject: Re: The Sensual World bitmap
Sender: usenet@PARIS.ICS.UCI.EDU
Source-Info: From (or Sender) name not authenticated.

Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU writes:

>The previously advertized Sun bitmap of *The Sensual World* has been
>placed in the Love-Hounds archives, available on the Internet via
>anonymous FTP.  The host is gaffa.mit.edu (18.62.0.11).  The file is
>"/love-hounds/kb/pix/sun/sensual-world.Z.uu".

After finally fixing the news server server inews backend here
(sigh), I think this message should finally get through.

I converted the above image to a Sun 1 bit raster file using the fbm
package.  This file is displayable under SunView or X11.  To view
under X11, you need to get the xbgsun program from your nearby X
archive.  Sun rasterfiles display _much_ faster than X11 bitmaps, so
this is a program to have...

Pick up the file pub/tsw.sun.Z (remember to use binary mode) using
anonymous ftp to ics.uci.edu (128.195.1.1).

Enjoy!
--
Mark Nagel
UC Irvine Department of ICS   +----------------------------------------+