Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: A few initial TSW comments after a week

From: donley@blake.acs.washington.edu (Erik Olson)
Date: 24 Oct 89 18:42:14 GMT
Subject: Re: A few initial TSW comments after a week
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>Really-From: Woj <woiccare@clutx.clarkson.edu>
>
>Really? I shiver ever time I listen to the album. Even after I had
>owned the promocassette for a month and had worn the tape out, I
>shivered when I bought the CD one day late and played it at loud
>volumes in a dark room. "The Fog", "Never Be Mine", "Rocket's
>Tail" and "Deeper Understanding" all scare the skin right off of
>my body, they're so eerie and powerful...

I agree.  After owning this thing on CD for not even a week now, I get
the shivers on a lot of it!  Or is it the lack of heat in my building?
Nah.  It's Good!  I regret filling out the survey & tend to agree with Ed.
Whatever album I'm listening to is best at that moment.  It's a little
trite to just "rank" it all.  Remember the scene in _Dead Poet's Society_?

  - Eo