Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The album's cover + Melody Maker

From: Jon Drukman <jsd@GAFFA.MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 89 13:57:47 EDT
Subject: Re: The album's cover + Melody Maker
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>Really-From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
>
>Although I really like the album, I have some problems with the
>cover.  I hope I won't be called a heretic for saying this.

You're OK in my book, Suranyi.

>Most importantly, there's not enough contrast between the dark
>cover and the bronze writing.  The title cannot be read from any
>distance.

No kidding.  Do you think it's a lousy printing job, or a bad photo,
or what?  And the contrast inside the book is terrible!  I'm glad
IED posted those lyrics so I could laser print them, because the
jewel booklet sucks eggs.

>Of less importance, every time I look at the cover I get the feeling
>that someone who didn't like Kate stuffed a flower in her mouth
>in order to shut her up!

You've got your importances messed up, but to each his own.  How
could anyone want to cover up Kate's luscious lips?  Just take a
look at those babies on the cover of TD or even the TSW single!

Of MUCH more importance than any of this crap is the new issue of
Melody Maker, with a huge feature on Kate.  She's on the cover, and
gets their colour pages in the centre.  The interview (by Steve
Sutherland) is GREAT!  One of the best KT interviews I have ever
read.  It is obvious that Sutherland and Bush hit a vibe early on,
and they never let up.  KT seems to be having a blast communicating
with someone who understands her work _perfectly_.  I admit not
hating the NME interview as much as IED, but it pales into total
insignificance when confronted with the MM one.  Besides, I always
liked MM better.

I urge every love hound to get this paper now!!!  I assume someone
will transcribe it soon.  I would do it, but I haven't much time.

--
|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | "I like George Bush, but this `kinder,  |