Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: A few initial TSW comments after a week

From: nv89-pyl@nada.kth.se (Patrik Yle'n)
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 89 18:52:26 +0100
Subject: Re: A few initial TSW comments after a week
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>>Will people stop comparing TSW to HoL or TD!?!?!?!? It's a completely
>>different album and should not be "measured" against other works,
>>either KT's or other artists. Look at it for what it is and if then
>>it doesn't do anything for you, you can flame it, but don't say
>>that isn't worth it just because it isn't on the level of earlier
>>works.

Why not compare albums then? I agree with you that TSW has nothing
whatsoever to do with HOL or TD, but I can't see anything wrong
with comparing them. I also agree with whoever it was that said
(I think it was Ed.) that making a poll about Kate-records really
isn't worth much, but why not? I believe most people like charts,
otherwise there wouldn't be any reason for having them around, would
there?

nv89-pyl@nada.kth.se (Patrik Yle'n)