Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Sensual Sales

From: Lazlo Nibble <lazlo@ariel.unm.edu>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 89 13:18:26 -0600
Subject: Sensual Sales

In the spirit of Steve VanDevender's report on TSW's sales in Eugene, I
thought I'd pass along the following -- when I picked up TSW from the local
Sound Warehouse this past Tuesday, they had about 10-15 copies in stock.
Three days later they were completely sold out, which by my way of thinking
is *awfully* quick sales for a new release in this particular store.  It'll
be interesting to see if the quick sellout was just because of a handful of
Radical Kate Fanatics, or if Kate is actually building a real audience out
there in the five years since Hounds Of Love . . . can someone keep us posted
on TSW's chart positioning from week to week?

I have yet to hear "Love And Anger" over the radio anywhere, but most of the
time I spend on the radio lately is listening to dancepop-type stations which
would be very unlikely to spin the song.  The album *is* getting pretty decent
in-store play around here, though, if my friends are to be trusted :-)

                                                   Lazlo (lazlo@ariel.unm.edu)
"Well girls will be boys, and boys will be girls;
 It's a mixed-up, muddled-up, shook-up world."  -- Sigue Sigue Sputnik