Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

self introduction

From: hui@joplin.mpr.ca (Michael Hui)
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 89 19:16:55 pdt
Subject: self introduction

Hi Doug,

I just found out about this news group. Since my site apparently do get
your postings, this is only to confirm that someone here definitely
likes to continue getting the newsgroup.

Being from Canada, I have equal interest in Kate Bush and Jane Siberry.
I have noticed some sporadic postings about Jane, and I will try to work
that up to some respectable level. Both artists released new albums on
the same month, and the media seems to have paid a lot more attention to
Bush's work than Siberry's work !

Now for the more routine questions: I posted something to .gaffa with
the "f" command in "rn". Is that adequate? Or should I post everything
as regular mail to you and have you post it to the whole world? My
article starts with confirming a concert Jane Siberry had in Ottawa last
year. If you see that article come up, then things are working. If not,
please let me know.

Please keep up the good work. I don't follow KB with the same fanatical
ferver like most of you. But I am enough of a fan to have a complete Kate
Bush and Jane Siberry CD collection, including Siberry's self-titled
debut album, which I could only find in Toronto, like another one of
your readers.

I would highly recommend your loyal readers to try out Jane Siberry.
Start with the title song from The Walking, and work up to her new album
"bound by the beauty." Jane's music is less sensual, but quite a bit
more personal and realistic.

Michael M.Y. Hui  604-293-6011  hui@mprgate.mpr.ca