Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

TSW

From: (Michael J. Lamoureux) <lamour@smiley.mitre.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 89 13:15:47 -0400
Subject: TSW

	Well...I'm glad it's here, but I don't see 4 years worth of maturity
in this one over HOL.  As a matter of fact, it sounds somewhat like leftovers
from the HOL recording sessions.  As I said yesterday, side one of HOL
contains IMHO some of the least innovative and most unoriginal stuff that
she's recorded to date.  I don't think it would've been my choice to copy THAT
style for a new album.  I always felt that each of her albums offered
something new that wasn't on any of the previous ones.  I feel like I've heard
all of this before.  I still like it...new Kate is new Kate, but this seems to
have been a bad year for my favorite recording artists (fav band - Yes, fav
male solo - Todd Rundgren, fav fem solo - God ;-)  Maybe I'm just out of touch
with the direction music is going in.  Sigh...

PS.  that's Yes as in Anderson, Bruford, Howe, Squire, & Wakeman

| Michael Lamoureux (lamour%smiley@gateway.mitre.org) |
| The MITRE Corporation, McLean VA  (703) 883-5370    |
"He feels like he's falling...out of bliss and into knowledge."
                        -- TPOH "Tree Of Knowledge"