Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

an interlude on my way to Tower

From: (Michael J. Lamoureux) <fc121102@gwusun.gwu.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 89 10:03:30 -0400
Subject: an interlude on my way to Tower

	Well, our server at work has been off the net for over week.  We
brought it back up yesterday and among the 200+ messages I got were some 150+
pages of L-H mail.  I read it all last night, and am thrilled to be on my way
to finally hear what everyone's raving about (hell, I haven't even seen the
ads for it, so I don't know what it looks like yet).  I guess I'll just make a
few comments here and then sprint off to buy this treasure.
	First off, I must say that life's looking up.  In my first year as a
L-H I got flamed by |>oug, in my second I've been praised by IED AND the new
album is out!!!  What a year!  What could possibly happen next year?  A tour?
In mine and probably a lot of other people's dreams, eh?
	Second, I thought it was a bit annoying when the 1st I heard about the
new album's sound was something like "it's not as good as HOL."  What's that
mean.  This has different connotations if HOL goes in your number 1 or number
5 slot.  I personally used to rank HOL 5th.  I've just recently decided to
forget that side 1 exists, and this brought it up a couple of notches.  And
who was it that was ragging on _The Dreaming_?  This has to be one of the most
incredible albums I've heard (especially considering when it was made).  "Get
Out of My House" is excellent (along with the rest of it).  You people have to
understand that not everybody has the same ranking for these 5 (6) albums, and
if you're going to make qualitative comparisons, you're going to have to be
specific about how you rate what you're comparing it to (did that make sense).
	Damn it!!  The system's going down, so I guess that means I'm going to
Tower.  I'll pick this up some other day...or maybe I won't.

		HAPPY LISTENING TO YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

| Michael Lamoureux (lamour%smiley@gateway.mitre.org) |
|         also:  fc121102@gwusun.gwu.edu              |
| The MITRE Corporation, McLean VA  (703) 883-5370    |
"I've got this shocking pain right behind the eyes."
"Have you considered amputation?"
                --Vila & Avon  "Blake's 7"