Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

_Q_, Hitler, _TWS_ art...

From: Jamie Andrews <jha%lfcs.edinburgh.ac.uk@NSFNET-RELAY.AC.UK>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 89 12:17:31 BST
Subject: _Q_, Hitler, _TWS_ art...

     Can I be the first to tell people that _Q_ magazine
(which I think is the best music magazine in Britain) has
a long interview and review of KT?  The article/interview
is by Phil Sutcliffe, one of the best music writers in
Britain, and the review of _TWS_ is VERY favourable.
The only unfortunate thing is that the most prominent word
in the headline on the cover is....    PHEW!

     BTW, "Heads We're Dancing" really IS about Hitler,
according to Kate in both _NME_ and _Q_.  So foo (phew?)
on Jon.  :-)

     The poster campaign (the first shot of which I
rhapsodized about) was very effective.  First the wordless
poster and then, a couple of weeks later, the poster with
the words telling you what it was all about.  Now (alas)
all the posters are gone, rolled over by the inexorable
tide of paper and glue from the record companies.

     Does IED (or anyone else) see the connections with
Magritte's common themes in the _TWS_ cover?  The cover
of _The Dreaming_ is pretty Magrittesque too, now that
I think about it...

--Jamie.
  jha@lfcs.ed.ac.uk
"What made it special, made it dangerous"