Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

XTC & Kate

From: Jon Drukman <jsd@GAFFA.MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 89 09:32:46 EDT
Subject: XTC & Kate

Hi kids.  I'm sure you know that Kate and XTC both sit on the throne
of extreme godliness in pop music, right?  Well, anyway - in an
interview reprinted in the latest XTC fan rag ("The Little Express"),
bass player Colin Moulding is being harrassed by the interviewer, who
wants him to tell him what bands of the 80s he likes, and Moulding
keeps saying "I don't like any of them.  I only listen to old
stuff..." He does, however, let this gem slip:

"But in answer to your question, what do I listen to, it's more of
listening to what I missed, rather than what's now.  Nothing really
takes my ear now.  I must admit I find music today pretty awful with
few exceptions, you know I'm quite keen on Kate Bush's stuff.  Do you
get Kate Bush Over here?"

THe interviewer replies: "--not to any great extent..."

Moulding continues: "Her first album for me was pretty big, that would
be in my top 10 I guess..."

|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | "I like George Bush, but this `kinder,  |
| \|on |/rukman | jsd@umass.bitnet  | gentler' crap is killing us." - D.Trump |