Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Keeping Me Waiting

From: James Smith <munnari!cc.nu.oz.au!CCJS@uunet.UU.NET>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 89 10:32 -1000
Subject: Re: Keeping Me Waiting

From: CCJS@cc.nu.oz (James Smith)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Date: 12 Oct 89 10:32:16 EST

Rob Gardner writes:

> I've got a question about the song "Keeping me Waiting" that appears
> on the Cathy Demos. There's a line that goes something like:
>
>    I've seen many strange things/shooting stars, stars and stripes
>
> Is the phrase "stars and stripes" supposed to mean the USA, and if so,
> why exactly does she consider is _strange_?

Keeping Me Waiting is set on the moon.  One of the things you would
see on the moon is an American flag.  Which, when you think about it,
is rather a strange thing to see on the moon.

Jim

--
James Smith, Computing Centre, University of Newcastle, ccjs@cc.nu.oz.au
"Who's for dinner?  Shall we draw lots, boys?"