Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: Doug Alan <nessus@athena.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 89 17:03:42 EDT
Sender: nessus@GAFFA.MIT.EDU

> From: lizard@ihuxz.att.com (Russell J Neumann)

> First, do the LP versions of Lionheart and Never for Ever have lyric
> sheets? I have the cassettes, which don't. I've spent many hours
> trying to transcribe lyrics and the parts I can't hear drive me
> crazy!?!?

I don't know whether the versions you can buy in the U.S. these days
do or not, but the original releases certainly all came with lyric
sheets.

> Second, what do the experts (|>oug, IED, Ed..?) think that "Wow" is
> about?

I don't recall offhand what Kate has said about the song.  My
impression is that it's about an actor who is not doing very
successfully and the acting-biz people who say to his face, "You're
incredible, wonderful, marvelous!" but behind his back say, "That fag
will never get anywhere."