Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

More Jane in the midst of Kate

From: Marq Laube <marq@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 89 13:57:27 PDT
Subject: More Jane in the midst of Kate

Yes, _The Speckless Sky_ did come out before _The Walking_, and
as far as I am concerned, _The Speckless Sky_ *did* make her a
big star...

(Actually, I just can't imagine Jane every being even as popular as Kate...)

Also, _The Life is the Red Wagon_ was my favorite song on first listening,
too.  However, my fave changes over time.  Now I think its _Hockey_, a
minimal, beautiful song about a Sunday afternoon hocky game, with this
undercurrent of very tense music.

  "This stick was signed by Jean Belliveau, so don't f***ing tell me
   where to f***ing go!"

     -Jane "Hockey" Siberry

-Marq