Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Ninth-Wave....

From: Eyebeam%UMASS.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu (Mark Kirk.physics dept.UMassss)
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 89 11:48:40 EDT
Subject: The Ninth-Wave....

  It was asked in a past "Love Hounds Digest" if anyone
new of any other literature that might be behind the
idea of "The Ninth Wave."  In my studies of Scandanavian
mythology I came across a very interesting bit of info.
In traditional Scand. mythology the ninth wave is associated
with a ram (sheep).  The ram's association with the ninth wave
in a group is still alive among Welsh fishermen.
Just a coincidence?.....
                                       ----Mark K.