Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Submission for rec-music-gaffa

From: news <news@cs.unc.edu>
Date: 11 Oct 89 15:13:41 GMT
Subject: Submission for rec-music-gaffa
Responding-System: thorin.cs.unc.edu

From: kimy@unc.cs.unc.edu (Yong-Mi Kim)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: Jane Siberry
Date: 11 Oct 89 15:13:39 GMT
Sender: news@thorin.cs.unc.edu

question:  is _The Walking_ the album that came out after _The Speckless
Sky_?  If it is, I too would be angry and disillusioned - _The Speckless
Sky_ was supposed to be the album that would have made her a big star.
Obviously it didn't.
Just heard her new album on the radio.  My favourite one in there is
"The Life is the Red Wagon."  Anybody else has pondered about the
fact that Jane often mentions means of transportation in her songs?
My favourite song from _TSS_ is "The Taxi Ride".  Plus she has a song
in her latest entitled "Something about trains".

As an aside, "Are We Dancing Now (Map III)," the last song in the album,
sounds so much like a song a Brazilian singer called Rita Lee did
several years ago that I would almost cry plagiarism except I doubt that
Jane would have ever heard it.

	      it takes forever if you go by inertia
	      no time if you don't believe in time
		    Jane Siberry  "The Very Large Hat"