Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Jane Sibbery

From: Mike Cyze <6014_5371@uwovax.uwo.ca>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 89 16:21:57 edt
Subject: Re: Jane Sibbery

Erik Olson writes:

>What I want to know is what the heck is going on in her life that she
>suddenly puts out a "gosh, isn't life great" album after the very angry
>and disallusioned compositions in _The Walking_.  Any clues?

I recently saw a TV blurb about Jane's new album.  Evidently, during
the recording (and writing) of _The_Walking_ , Jane was in the midst
of breaking up with her then-boyfriend _____ Switzer (can't remember
his first name).  Note that he was also a producer on the record -
Hence the more "moody" sound.

Before recording her latest disc, she had just moved in with
her new boyfriend (some Canadian film-maker, whose name
escapes me at the moment).

Interesting bit of trivia:
    Did you know that before recording _No_Borders_Here_ Jane went to
    Spain on the sole purpose of meeting Salvador Dali?  She spent
    4 days at his castle (more specifically, on the doorstep) until
    S. D. would talk with her.

                                                   Mike.

Mike Cyze                 UNIVERSE OF WESTERN ONTARIO
                            Department of Geophysics

"through the clock they sent / a washing machine " - Syd Barrett