Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Yet more radio news.

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 89 13:34:49 PDT
Subject: Yet more radio news.

Mark Hamilton of KITS has a daily 20 minute radio show at noon
called "The UK Cafe".  Today, the focus was on the year 1979,
and "Wow" was played, among other things.  That's the first time
I'd ever heard that song on the radio!

By the way, when I was talking to "Holden Caulfield" of KFJC on
Monday, he still didn't have the single, although he'd been trying
to find it.  I suggested a few places I'd seen it, and he was
appropriately grateful.  Then I said, "I often hear you disparaging
KITS, but you have to admit that this time they have you beat.  They
got the single about two weeks ago, and have been playing it a lot."
    He said, "Well, they're much more powerful than us.  It's no
trouble at all for them to get any record they want, import or
domestic.  When I pick on them, I'm just kidding 'cause we're this
tiny college station and they're a giant behomoth.  Actually, they're
pretty good for a commercial station.  It would be a tragedy for this
area if they were to quit."

Ed (Edward Suranyi)
Dept. of Applied Science, UC Davis/Livermore
ed@das.llnl.gov
It appears that I now can get UUNET to work. So feel free to write to me.