Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Into the fray I go!

From: davidv@uunet.uu.net (David Vangerov)
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 89 00:21:09 PDT
Subject: Into the fray I go!
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

and another lurker bites the dust and joins the love-hounds crowd.

greetings from another sco-love-hound. just found out about this
group about a week or so ago (well, i've known about it for quite
sometime, just never wandered in until i was told the group was
a blaze with new kate bush album mania). i must say i am rather
impressed by the level of fans of kate bush in this group/mailing
list, and their knowledge of what she has done... i got into kate
by random chnage. i have a friend that used to play her a lot while
we stayed up late and read news/played games on the computer, so
i asked him for a copy of the albums that he had, and ever since
then, i've been hooked on her. i was quite suprised to find experiment
iv on the whole story. when i looked at the liner notes, it didn't
mention which album it had been off of, and then davidbe (a fellow
love-hound here at sco) mentioned that it was from the hounds of
love ep. i'd like to get the lyrics to it, if that's possible. it's
one of my favorite songs by her. i hadn't relaized that up until
now it had been the most recent thing she had done since hounds
of love. i'm real gald i got the whole story.

and speaking of new stuff by the godess herself, i was at a local
compact disc store here in santa cruz, and what did i find, but the
*english* cd single. it has three songs, two of which are the sensual
world (vocal and instrumental versions) and a third which i can't
remember. apparently this is not the same as the amercian single that
is about to be released. i should've bought the single right then and
there, but i'm going back tommorow to purchase since i have seen the
error of my ways (but $12 for 3 songs seems a bit steep to me). a
fellow love-hound here at sco (hi tracyr!) has promised to lend me
the tape copy of the sensual world album that she has, and as soon
as the cd comes out, you can bet i'll be in line with my credit-card
ready to buy it! in fact, while i was at this local cd shop, i completed
my cd collection of kate's stuff (well, minus the sensual world, but
that should be changed in about a week or so :-).

well, i'm looking forward to hearing the new album. and i'll see you
bay area love-hounds at the party in san jose!

--
David <"I really was just a Theater Arts major, honest!"> Vangerov
Disclaimer: These are my opinions, all mine!!! Not SCO's, got that?