Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

HoL, sensual bush bash

From: John Precedo <jp@doc.ic.ac.uk>
Date: 6 Oct 89 16:07:36 GMT
Subject: HoL, sensual bush bash
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Source-Info: From (or Sender) name not authenticated.

In article <3382@scolex.sco.COM> Love-Hounds@GAFFA.MIT.EDU writes:
>Really-From: tracyr@uunet.uu.net (jane smallberries)
>
>here's the final (well, almost) on the west-coast bush bash:
>it will happen sunday, october 22nd, somewhere in the bay
>area.  it was agreed that it would be best to wait 'til
>after the 17th so everyone would get a chance to procure the
>album..[stuff deleted]..also, it would be GREAT if love-hounds world-
>wide could have their bash on the 22nd as well...[more gone]...still haven't
>heard from uk, dutch, australian, or otherwise love-hounds...

Are there any Love-Hounds in the London/South East England area having
a Bush Bash of some description? Am I invited? Please?

>while listening to HoL in the car (hello earth, to be exact), it
>struck me that this is my absolute favorite album.  i was then
>afflicted with a sudden intense fear that kate would never be
>able to top this amazing work.  which is another reason i'm
>looking forward to the release bush bash--i'm sure that sprawled
>out on the floor, sensual world lyrics in hand, amidst avid
>fans and kate paraphanalia, i'll have the emotional support
>necessary to give TSW a good listen.

I have the same feeling about HoL. I only purchased it recently (alright, so I
don't own all HER albums! But I AM working on it (4 out o' 6 ain't bad!) ;-)
and I haven't stopped listening to it since. I liked "Hello Earth", but I
prefered the track before it - "Wake The Witch" (I hope thats right). This
song is REALLY wierd! The first time I listened to it I thought my CD player
was on the fritz! But what does it mean? To me it suggests a dream/nightmare
experience. Or is it near-death-experience (whilst drowning)? Or an internal
self trial (a la Pink in "The Wall")?

I have NO fear WHATSOEVER that KaTe will top this brilliant album. But will it
be with the next album, or the one after, or the one after that.....?
"TSW" (the single) seems like a pretty good start to me. It's been described as
"arty" and "Irish", and I wouldn't dispute that, but to me it just FEELS right.
The criticism and speculation can come later!

>-tracy,
>uunet!sco!tracyr,
>tracyr@sco.com

-- John

John Precedo,			     JANET : jp@doc.ic.ac.uk
Huxley Building,
Imperial College,
180, Queens Gate,    		 ...It's been such a long week..
London  SW7 2BZ