Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Hard to Swallow, but Kate *is* pure!?

From: Maitland Bottoms <bottoms@radar.nrl.navy.mil>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 89 19:30:17 EDT
Subject: Hard to Swallow, but Kate *is* pure!?

BOHICA? Sorry Kate-Fans, I can't resist muckraking tonight....

IED Sez:
>Date:    Wed, 04 Oct 89 13:59 PDT

>      |>oug knows more about Kate Bush than IED knows or ever will.
>      But |>oug sure doesn't _understand_ what he knows about Kate as
> well as IED understands what _he_ knows about her...(You all knew
> IED _had_ to have the last word, so who is IED to disappoint you?)

Are you _sure_ IED? I'd like to entertain the theory that |>oug *does*
_understand_ what he knows - BUT he is "uncertain" about conflicting
information from unreliable sources. He obviously was right in remembering
the "nice to swallow" quote - he _understood_ *what* he knew. He was also
rightfully "uncertain" about the (Kate said it / typo) question.

|>oug sez:

|>Date: Tue, 27 Aug 85 04:38:28 edt
|>From: Doug Alan <nessus>
|>Subject: Kashka

|>Other interesting tidbits: "Katherine" means "clean, pure" and "Alan"
|>means "uncertain".

That is a very interesting tidbit! Well |>oug, just where *does* Kate
think my mind should be? I'm "uncertain" now myself, though I certainly
do _understand_ that my confusion comes from conflicting data.

                                    Maitland...

PS: Amazing Kate Bush Fact:
        -She used the phrase "Mmm, yes" 1 time during an interview
         that took place just after HOL hit the charts. (About 4
         years ago!) The percentage comes out to.....

Disclaimer:
 I don't really care to hear any more about the "Swallow" debate.
 There is absolutely no anger expressed, implied, or intended in this posting.
 If you think differently THEN YOUR INTERPRETATION IS WRONG because
 THAT'S NOT WHAT MY IDEA WAS ABOUT WHEN I WROTE THIS!