Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: usenet@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 89 11:27:44 PDT

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: Implorings ..., new kid
Date: 5 Oct 89 18:27:43 GMT
Sender: usenet@lll-winken.LLNL.GOV

>Really-From: stewarte@ucscc.UCSC.EDU (The Man Who Invented Himself)

>Further, I question whether Kate's fans should even _want_ her to be a
>multiplatinum superstar.  Major commercial success is inevitably followed
>
>Your devilish advocate,
>			Stewart

There are two important reasons why we should hope that the album is
very successful:

1)  Kate herself has said many times that she relies on the success of
each album to be able to afford to do the next one.

2)  Kate will only do promotion here if she sees that people are interested
in the album.  A tour here would require even more success.

These points apply just as well in the UK as here in the USA, but in
England she doesn't have to worry about being successful.

Ed (Edward Suranyi)
Dept. of Applied Science, UC Davis/Livermore
ed@das.llnl.gov
Until further notice, I CANNOT reply to mail by UUNET. So don't ask me to.