Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: usenet@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 89 11:36:43 PDT

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: (none)
Date: 5 Oct 89 18:36:43 GMT
Sender: usenet@lll-winken.LLNL.GOV

I recently wrote:

>>Really-From: Jon Drukman <jsd@GAFFA.MIT.EDU>

>>I seriously doubt it.  She's been around for years, and most of her
>>records got to #1 in Britain (I think -- I know that two of them did
>>anyway.  The Dreaming, her least successful album, got to #3).

>_Lionheart_ didn't reach #1 either.  But all the others did, I think.

I just looked in the sleeve of _The Whole Story_, and according to that,
_The Kick Inside_ only made it to #3.  This surprises me.  Here's the
complete list of her albums, and their peak chart positions:

_The Kick Inside_      #3
_Lionheart_            #6
_Never For Ever_       #1
_The Dreaming_         #3
_Hounds Of Love_       #1
_The Whole Story_      #1

Ed (Edward Suranyi)
Dept. of Applied Science, UC Davis/Livermore
ed@das.llnl.gov
Until further notice, I CANNOT reply to mail by UUNET. So don't ask me to.