Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Contest in _Q_ magazine.

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 89 18:25:37 PDT
Subject: Contest in _Q_ magazine.

On page 176 of the Oct. issue of _Q_ magazine, there's a contest where
25 examples of opening lines to UK Number 1 records are given.  Readers
have to name the songs.

Item 10 is the following:

"10.  Out on the wiley windy moors/We'd roll and fall in green/You had
a temper like my jealousy/Too hot, too greedy . . ."

Sound familiar, anyone? :-)

About an hour ago I heard "The Sensual World" on the radio (KITS) again.
That makes it four times in a 24 hour period.  I called up the DJ, Rob
Francis, to comment about this.
    "Yeah, that's a good song," he said.  "But it's a little different
than anything she's put out until now."
    "Everytime she comes out with a new song, it's quite differnt than
anything released previously."
    "I suppose that's true."
    "By the way, do you have the 12" or the 7" single?"
    "Actually, I couldn't say.  I played a radio cartridge somebody
made a few days ago."
    So I told him about the double-grooving on the 12", and he seemed
very interested.  I also told him that I managed to hear the whole album,
and that two tracks I am particularly impressed with are "Deeper
Understanding" and "Rocket's Tail".
    "Thanks for giving me that information," he said.  "I'll be sure to
mention all this stuff when I play the song again tomorrow morning.
Be sure to keep in touch!"

Wow!   Oh to be in Love! :-) :-)

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov