Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Bush fires in Austin?

From: dhines@astro.as.utexas.edu (Dean Hines)
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 89 19:10:33 GMT
Subject: Re: Bush fires in Austin?
News-Path: cs.utexas.edu!uwm.edu!gem.mps.ohio-state.edu!apple!bloom-beacon!GAFFA.MIT.EDU!Love-Hounds-request
Posted-Date: Thu, 28 Sep 89 19:10:33 GMT

> Really-From: halley!steve@cs.utexas.edu (Steve Williams)
>

> To which I react:
> So where should the Austin party be?  I'd offer my place, but...well...
>
> There are certainly enough Love-Hounds in Austin (and the rest of Texas,
> I suppose) to pull something together for this twice-a-decade event.
> I may be able to come up with some rare videos and maybe a new promo EP
> or two, along with the totally unrare 12" import EP and matching 3-song
> CD (both available at Waterloo Records since last week).  Maybe even a
> European (German) copy of the full TSW CD a few days early.  If someone
> could provide an open house and a loud stereo, we could welcome the new
> music to Austin.
>
> By the way Austin Love-Hounds, John Aielli played side one (from the
> promo cassette) Tuesday morning on Eklektikos, and he won't say when
> he's going to play the rest.  Keep that dial set to 90.7...

> Steve Williams               ...!cs.utexas.edu!halley!steve
> 				(512)-244-8252 (has recorder)
Hey Steve,
I've been off the net for a while. I am a fairly hardcore KT fan and am
dying to hear the new album. If a Love-Hounds party gets put together,
I and a couple of other friends from Astronomy would love to attend!

I wish I could offer a place, but I'm in the middle of a move from
apartment to apartment (actually I'm at McDonald Observatory looking
at quasars, but will be moving in mid Oct.).

Anyway, I'll keep an eye on the net and if something comes up, if
you'd drop me a note, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks and Hello.

| Dean Hines                       Disclaimer: What? disclaim? Me?  |
| Astronomy                                                         |
| University of Texas               "Always store beer in a dark    |
| dhines@astro.as.utexas.edu          place."                       |
| dhines@utastro.UUCP                         Lazarus Long          |